Sunday, December 30, 2018

REFLECTION

Over the 14 weeks, i've gone so many dramas to finish this course.  Tears and laughters cannot hide my joy and pride finishing this course.  I took this course to venture things that i may not be able to conquer in a day.  As a matter of fact, i like challenges and i think this is one of the ways for me to try new things instead of working with words everyday.  For the first half of the semester, every lesson was a joyful one and i pretty much enjoy doing the animation eventhough it consumed a lot of time and a lot of tutorials from YouTube.  I managed to come up with a proper storyboard along with my group members who were very helpful and keen to answer all my doubts whenever i was lost.  I also managed to finish my animatic storyboard using Toon Boom Harmony 10.0.  How unfortunate that everything was ready except the audio part which was not functioning.  I was in great despair as i had sacrificed a lot of time to finish the animatic storyboard.



Half semester later, we were shocked to be informed to use Adobe Flash which we did not have any skill into.  Just like Toon Boom Harmony, our lecturers Dr. Jamaluddin and Dr. Shaharuddin encouraged us to be positive and keep on learning.  They believed we can make it.  However, i still felt a bit sad and disappointed because my animation production was almost complete but i have to redo using Adobe Flash from scratch.  It was a terrifying moment for me but i kept on trying to apply all the knowledge, technique in animation.  Finally, i managed to complete the project with strong support from the lecturers and my group members.



Last but not least, i feel happy and proud to be an animator for a while.  Learning how to make animation and finishing it proves that knowledge has no boundaries regardless of what age or background we come from.  All the knowledge i got from this course will certainly broaden up my thinking horizon and expecting probabilities from all sides.  This has been an eye opener for me who comes from language background to instill educational technology in part of my teaching and learning life.  Hence, i would likely to recommend this course to other students as well as part of their master journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REFLECTION

Over the 14 weeks, i've gone so many dramas to finish this course.  Tears and laughters cannot hide my joy and pride finishing this cour...